Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Soapbox

An interesting little bit of talk from Carole Collet, a course director at Central Saint Martins. It's about sustainability--so hot right now... and so... necessary...

http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/archives/009505.php


from the AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME blog we make money not art, a sweet design blog about some of the greatest, most avant-garde stuff happening around the world.

Just a little bit of info to get you thinking. I am no enviro-angel or anything, but I think keeping these sorts of issues in mind as we design is a pretty good idea. A friend of mine (Robb Hunter to those of you who know him) told me once that sustainability isn't a tree-huggy thing at all... it isn't about loving the planet. The planet will always be here. It's the PEOPLE who are screwed if it becomes uninhabitable, and I think that is an interesting point to consider for those who are skeptical about this crazy hippie stuff... if caring about humans is hippie stuff, then I think we could all stand to be hippies, right?

And seriously, this stuff is SO hot right now.

Aaaaaaaand back to drawing. I swear it never ends.

No comments: