Sunday, May 10, 2009

This is Why I'm Smart

"Oh, what am I doing? Oh, you know... just, wearing glasses, thinking about numbers.... smart girl stuff."


I often feel like the consummate math nerd in my studio (I must note, being the consummate math nerd among a group of really right-brained women doesn't take much.) I'm pretty obsessive with my patterning while most of the other girls tend to "drape," or as I like to call it, "oh my god how do you know you're not going to mess up?!?!"

But boy did I feel like a technical genius when I caught myself noting this brilliant equation on one of my patterns today:

18 = 39

Yeah, I have the exquisite technical stylings of, say, an Issey Miyake.

2 comments:

Douglas Stewart said...

"18 = 39" could very well describe the current trend for hipster kids to wear huge old lady glasses. Better trademark it ASAP.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren, found you via MC, cant find your email though. Would you like to be in my short film on Sat. June 20th? It would be really great to have you in it, your look is what I need. I realize you are moving? Please email me if you are interested, I understand if you cannot!

pollyc16@hotmail.com

blancabrava.blogspot.com

Thanks!
Polly