Friday, December 19, 2008

Maybe I've Just Been Watching Too Many Chick Flicks

I'm not one of those girls that's been dreaming about her wedding day since she was 5 (or ever), but I saw this and said "Holy shit that's what I want to get married in." ("Holy shit" seems like an appropriate expression to associate with the sanctity of marriage, naturally.) As you all know I'm not much one for "elegant splendor," so a cute wedding dress is much more up my alley. Look how cute she is!



This little beauty is from a line called Miss Lanvin--designed by Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz and crafted by Taiwanese porcelain master FRANZ. Each season brings 6 new dolls in editions of 800 and retailing for $345.

Via TrendLand

UPDATE: Think I found the real deal from Lanvin's Resort 2008 collection:


I like the statuette version better. Maybe it's just because my natural tendency is to love the cartoonish. But really, I'm not crazy about the fluffiness. I'd want it in a heavier fabric, maybe something matte-ish. Also, I want 10,00o white doves released as we exit the chapel... *barf.*

2 comments:

itsakawskything said...

hey. you made a post.

Lauren D. said...

thanks for read my blog. i post more soon!! for you!! FOR ALL!!