Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wallow: Not actually a palindrome

I'm wallowing. Someone very dear to me just left the country for six months. I promised myself I wouldn't wallow publicly on twitter or GBOT, but nobody reads this thing anyway, so I'm wallowing here. Besides, I need to do something with myself besides wandering the house in runny mascara and boys boxer shorts. My roommates are around and I feel like they would find that upsetting. So, blog, here I am in runny mascara and boys boxer shorts, Oberon in hand, heart open. Here's some cool shit.

1: AAAAAAAHHH
This would have spoken to me so much more deeply back in my "ick" phase, which is when I discovered it, but I was holding onto it for a special occasion. I'm at least temporarily back in my dark and spooky place (been wearing black like it's going out of style [it NEVER WILL, get it??!?!?]). Isn't she creepy? I like how barely-female she is, as a funny little androgyne myself.

2: Scandi Candi: Menswear Ed.

Found this on ACL (don't look at it or I'll get jealous, I want it to be all mine) and was taken aback by its hot crispy crispness. I'm having a love affair with menswear, the more classic-er and american-er the better. This is Swedish (see: # of umlauts in brand name). Proving those blond, pale bastards are better at EVERYTHING. Incl. being hot. Go home, blonde exchange student I saw at the bar last weekend! TOO PRETTY!

3: Nike Gets Real But Looks Hot Doing ItThis is why Nike is so legit . These boots are created with a completely absurd amount of technology to be super comfortable (instantly! no breaking in necessary!), tough as HELL and mega ergonomic in more complicated terms than I can even fathom in my current state of distress. The problem statement: "Develop a 21st century boot to meet the needs of this century’s first-response teams and high-speed operators – aka elite level athletes in need of elite level performance innovation." And what they cook up? IS TOTALLY HOT. I'd wear these in a second. And feel elite doing it.

4: HELL-O ON WHEELS
Twitter friend dukerayburn put it best the one time on twitter I can't find when he said that Gen Y will never tire of neon until they tire of seeking attention like crazy monsters. Hence, I love these bicycles.

Soon I want to do another "serious post" where I actually talk about a thing instead of just hotness-dumping. Because Mockitecture referred to the last one as "your one good post" at the bar Friday. Sigh... Mockitecture. Every time. It might be about muses. We'll see.

No comments: