Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Total Destruction to Your Mind

Swamp Dogg - Total Destruction to Your Mind

I need new shoes. More than that, I want new shoes. And my dream shoes go a little something like this:
From High Snobette :
Snobette is entitled to her own non-violent opinions. But I am totally feeling violent these days, and somebody else out there has got to be feeling it too, because all the awesome shoes these days look like they are totally down with helping you perpetrate some total destruction. They're bondage-inspired and loaded with metal and tall as shit. I love them so much.

My fantasy of wearing shoes like this is a little complicated. It's completely, irrevocably intertwined with this pent-up energy I've been feeling a lot these days. In these shoes, I am taller and scarier and imbued with a little more power. Capable of things. Boundary-pushing things.

The energy is coming out in my language. Doing well is "killing" now. "

"Don't worry, you'll kill."
It's not like I'm walking around ready to punch a wall (or a person). I think violence is just another way of getting at this thing that's obsessing me lately. I'm not sure I can totally put it to words, but these extreme sorts of ideas or situations or behaviors are speaking to me these days. Some days it's blood and guts, some days it's the disturbing, some days it's cannibalism. Just some kind of something to stab that needle of adrenaline into my chest. Something to... break up my form.

I'm still figuring this out. Maybe it'll be knitwear. Hell, maybe it'll be thesis. Maybe it'll just be more blog posts that are painfully un-concise. Lucky you guys.

No comments: